Juices, Açai Bowls, Kombucha, and More

First up is a spot I heard about at the beginning of the summer for its kombucha, a fermented tea product full of probiotics, on tap. It's called Simple Science Juice and it's outside my normal hangout area, in West Omaha at Village Pointe. I finally had the opportunity to go this past week and it blew away my expectations. I'm a sucker for healthy, fresh food that also tastes amazing.

There's a cooler full of organic, raw juices. You can buy a bottle or do a full juice cleanse. The açai bowl was both pretty and delicious and the hydrating watermelon + mint + Himalayan salt juice was just what I needed on another too-hot Nebraska summer day. I'll definitely be back soon to try the kombucha and other juices.

What's just as good as the merchandise is the atmosphere. It's one of four locations in the Midwest, but feels completely local.  It's clean, with white walls and splashes on green, but it's personalized with a polaroid photo spot and a flyer board to let customers know about local events.

West Omaha feels very much like suburbia, but Simple Science Juice's personal touches and laid back vibe add some personality to the mass produced atmosphere of this side of the city.




Comments

Popular Posts